BEFORE USING GasGrab™, THE OPERATOR MUST BE FIT AND ABLE TO HANDLE THE LOAD HE/SHE IS ATTEMPTING TO LIFT
- Ensure that the words “THIS WAY UP” are facing upwards.
- Rotate the handles of the GasGrab™ downwards into the open/clearance position.
- Lower the GasGrab™ downwards over the gas cylinder until it reaches a safe lifting point.
- SAFETY ADVICE: The safest clamping point to lift a cylinder from is with the GasGrab™ clamped above the centre point of the vertical cylinder body. This stabilises the gas tank's balance when being moved.
- Pull both handles of the GasGrab™ upwards, this will cause it to clamp onto the cylinder body.
- REMEMBER: If you relax your upward pressure on the GasGrab™, it will relax its grip and may slide down the cylinder body, so always lift with both GasGrab™ handles at the same time.
- Using a safe lifting technique, raise the gas bottle from the floor.
- When using a team lift, ensure that one person is in overall control of the lift.
- Carefully move the cylinder to its setting down point.
- Ensure that the setting down point is clear of obstructions. Place the cylinder down, maintaining control at all times.
- Remove the GasGrab™ by releasing your upward pressure and slide the GasGrab™ up and off the bottle.
- Secure the gas tank to ensure it cannot topple over and fall.
Full operating instructions and Safety certicate are included with every GasGrab™ sold.